Before, during, and hopefully after account of a Great Divide Route journey in the summer of 2010.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Agnes!

Last fall, we purchased an Emerald Forest SL3 tent from Big Agnes.  Here's the tent with all its permutations and then stuffed into the handlebar bags:


Today, we set it up in the backyard for the first time.  Actually, Nate set it up and took it down while I was at work, and then I came home and set it up (almost) by myself.  I told Nate not to talk to me or give me hints unless I asked.  This tent is way more sophisticated than my REI Half Dome...

Anyway, he watched me from the upstairs window and calmly said things through the screen like, "That doesn't go there" or "Stake out the footprint first."  The weirdo kids from next door were watching me through their windows, and I just wanted to have it be over with.  He finally came down and asked me if I needed help with the fly.  My ego told me to say "no," but I wanted to be happy and not right, so I said, "yes."

I think that's going to be my motto on the trip: Do I want to be happy or do I want to be right?

2 comments:

  1. http://www.trek4fun.com/great_divide_trail/gdt_picture_show/sec_1b/1b-20.htm. Have you guys checked out this blog? This maniac did this solo. The pictures are incredible. I can't wait for your trip. I hope my BFF's finger is not entirely scorched.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. After talking with you tonight I know you & Nate will push-push-push and then have a rest day by a lake or someplace with nice scenery --no snakes and no bears!! xo Mom

    ReplyDelete