Before, during, and hopefully after account of a Great Divide Route journey in the summer of 2010.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm Slow

Nate and I just had a traumatic conversation about bears:

We're lying in bed and talking about our pudge that we'll have on the trip.

Nate comments that it's okay to start the trip with extra fat.  "Skinny ones die first."

I reply, "The bears like fat people."

"I'm fast."

I retort, "You can't outrun a bear."

Without missing a beat, he says, "I don't have to outrun a bear."

Confused, I say, "I don't understand."

"I just have to be faster than you."

I fake cry for a bit and can't believe my husband just said that.
He says it's just an old joke.  I don't think it's funny, so I'm telling you about it.
I'm doubly slow--he definitely can outrun me and I didn't get the joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment