Before, during, and hopefully after account of a Great Divide Route journey in the summer of 2010.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 4: Boulton Creek to Blue Lake BC Forest Service

Ride time: 4:37
Average: 7.9 mph
Distance: 36.64 mi

We had our first divide crossing today!  Elk Pass:
Divide crossing #1

I also fell twice today (which I do on a more-than-average basis), but I'm okay.  Just some bruising and cuts on my leg where I caught the cogs on the front derailleur.  The ride was super fun and almost rain free.  It started to rain after we ate lunch--actually it started to pour and got super cold.  Then, to add insult to injury, my front derailleur had an issue that Nate took care of in the pouring rain.  I almost lost it, but then the sun came out and slowly warmed us back up.

Wildlife update: we saw two moose, bear poop, bear tracks, and wolf tracks on our ride today!

No comments:

Post a Comment