Before, during, and hopefully after account of a Great Divide Route journey in the summer of 2010.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 29: Dell to Lima

Ride time: 59 minutes
Average:  9.9 mph
Distance:  9.8 mi

It was a nice, quick ride today, at a pace that I was calling "Nate's Leisurely Grandfather" pace.  We had to come to Lima to pick up our bounce box, and once we got here to the Mountain View RV Resort and Motel, we decided to get a room and call it a day instead of pressing on further.  The woman running the place was super nice, and considering that there aren't any other options for lodging in the town of Lima (pronounced LIE-ma, as in the bean, not the capital of Peru), we thought it was a good pick.

I went to the post office to pick up our bounce box, and I asked the postal lady if she would let me use the Priority Mail tape to tape the bottom of the new box that I would be sending.  All of the other post offices have let me do this, but this one was a no.  "We don't have that in our budget, but you can buy a roll of tape if you'd like."  Bummer.  Fortunately, back at Mountain View RV Park, there is a hiker/biker box with all sorts of discards in it, and there was a roll of packing tape!

It was a hot day, and I was a little irritated about the tape situation, so I stopped at the Exxon Station and there, shining from the cooler, was a Mountain Dew Throwback!!  I was so excited to find this that I called the 800 number on back and told them that I love their product and hope that it isn't just for a limited time only.  This is exactly what my can looked like:



Peace out, high fructose corn syrup!

Future GDR Riders: RV Park is a good bounce box site, great laundry prices ($1 a load to wash), and free Internet use.  Just check the hiker/biker box for tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment